Friday, February 22, 2008

Ann Curciol

Jewelry Designer



There's so much jewelry available online, and most of it is so similar. As I've said before, anyone can hang a bead on a chain. So I spend hours and hours looking for unique jewelry to write about for my blogs. I look for unique designs, clever use of materials, and innovative color combinations.

I think I've found all three in Ann Curciol's jewelry. She uses lots of brass and copper in her designs, and earthy natural gemstones, which I love. I've included her descriptions, because she definitely has a way with words.

bead bracelet
Under the Boardwalk Down by the Sea Bracelet
This bracelet makes me think of hot sand under my feet, the sound of the waves rolling into shore, and all the interesting things that you find along a walk on the beach - driftwood, shells, beach stones, sand dollars. The bracelet is chock full of charms including Picture Jasper that looks like sand, Freshwater Pearls, hand carved driftwood beads, vintage brass sand dollars, and shell beads all on a brass chain with a lobster claw clasp and the cutest little turtle charm at the end.

In this necklace, she uses the subtle orange stripe in the clay beads as the color of the accent beads.

bead necklace
Polymer Clay Swirl Bead Necklace
Ocean swirl Polymer Clay beads, Carnelian, Amazonite, and Orange Aventurine
These clay beads remind me on the waves of the ocean rolling into shore and swirling with the sandy beach. The large round orange Aventurine beads remind me of the setting sun - a big glowing orange ball. Accented with Amazonite rondelles and round beads, Carnelian rondelles, and decorative sterling silver beads. The small golden beads that finish off the ends are vintage glass beads from India.

This design uses copper wire. which I don't see very often, and a unique wrapping technique.

bead jewelry
Copper Wire Wrapped Ukanite Donut Pendant
A beautiful 40mm Ukanite gemstone donut is wrapped with copper wire and Ukanite and copper beads. The necklace is hand linked with Ukanite, red Jasper and copper beads. It is 18" long and closes with a copper toggle clasp. Very unique and original and part of my anniversary signature collection.

Artist Statement
Hi, my name is Ann. I am a highly energetic and creative person with a BFA degree and 20 years experience as a graphic designer and photographer. I also am a pilot, and I own and fly a 1947 antique classic Bonanza.

I call my design style creative randomness because I can't create repetitious patterns, in fact I can rarely make the same thing twice. I like to work with natural materials, especially natural gemstones. I guarantee that each piece of jewelry is 100% original and unique.

My inspiration comes from my many adventures around the world - in my airplane, scuba diving, hiking, and exploring this magnificent world in every way possible. If you look at my website, you will see that there is a story for every design, from trips to the Australian outback to romantic strolls down the Caribbean beaches at sunset.

Woman, when do you sleep?See full article.

Related Entries:

Jewelry Career Resources - 08 August 2006

Jewelry as Designer DNA - 13 September 2006

Jewelry Designer for Princesses - 08 March 2007

Designer Jewelry by Rhonda Reagan - 16 January 2008




Contents of this feed are a property of Creative Weblogging Limited and are protected by copyright laws. Violations will be prosecuted. Please email us if you'd like to use this feed for non-commercial activities at feeds - at - creative-weblogging.com.


Read More...

[Source: The Jewelry Weblog]