Friday, February 22, 2008

Inside Out Beads

Great Design Idea: Silver-Core Focal Beads
These beads have been designed to be worn with the Silver Core prominently visible. The openings of the silver cores inside the beads come in small, medium, and large. Small for a simple chain, medium for a larger necklace, and large for a very heavy necklace.

The concept is simple, but not so easy to explain. So, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

beads
Candy Egg Bead Pendant
This Candy Egg focal bead has a large Silver-Core opening, and looks great as a slider pendant on a thicker chain.

Can't get much easier than that. Anybody can do this stuff!

Bracelet Beads
I think these are the best of the bunch! What easier way could there be to make a bold and colorful bracelet?

bead bracelet
Simple Silver-core Bead Bracelet
These beads are the smallest beads - approximately 14.5mm - 15.5mm in diameter. They have a silver core which is 4.3mm inside diameter. The beads can be added to the bracelet singly or in groups with sterling silver spacers.

I love this bracelet bead:

glass beads
Molucca Sunset Bracelet Bead

Then, he has Kaleidoscope Beads that would definitely make a stunning presentation:

glass bead jewelry
Five Ocean Paths
Five individual lampwork beads, six sterling silver disks, all joined together on a SilverCore tube. The beads rotate freely on a chain. Like a kaleidoscope you can spin the beads, and change the patterns. An absolute knockout on a thicker chain or cord.

Artist Statement
Hi, my name is David Palnick. I live in a small Atlantic seacoast town in Cape Cod, Massachusetts, where I have a glass working and metalsmithing studio. My home is a short walk to four large sandy beaches, two parks, two yacht clubs, a wildlife sanctuary, conservation land for migrating birds, and a harbor with working fishing boats and ferries to Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard. From an artist's perspective, this is an area extraordinarily rich in visual stimuli, which is a continuing source of inspiration.
After working in the corporate world for a couple decades, I decided to follow my muse and become a full-time artist. Initially, I began as a metalsmith in 1995, and my focus was on traditional jewelry work with silver, gold and gemstones.
A year later, I became entranced with melting glass through studying Cloisonn enameling, and created many complex pieces which were then set in gold or silver along with accent gemstones. In 2003, I started working with flame work glass, and almost as soon as I could make a presentable bead I began searching for a way to combine the glass with a silver component.
My initial work focused on a single bead and a single riveted silver core. Now I am creating pieces composed of multiple bead and silver components. I hope to continue pushing the envelope of my work, and have many ambitious projects planned that I can't wait to get started on.

How clever!See full article.

Related Entries:

Beads for the Winter - 20 December 2005

Discovery of Ancient Beads - 07 November 2006

Valentine's Jewelry Finds on Etsy - 06 February 2007

Watch Out for Beads - 15 July 2007




Contents of this feed are a property of Creative Weblogging Limited and are protected by copyright laws. Violations will be prosecuted. Please email us if you'd like to use this feed for non-commercial activities at feeds - at - creative-weblogging.com.


Read More...

[Source: The Jewelry Weblog]