Tuesday, June 23, 2009

new pouch, new photo shoot and New York




I have come to realise that when you release a new collection, there's a period of time when you sort of become de-attached from the real world--- you have no idea what's going on in the media, become socially isolated... and all you do is make make make. To be honest, I've been dying to do something different. So a few days ago I took a little break from the jewellery bench and I designed this motif - the idea is to use it on small felt pouches for the earrings. I'll be screen printing the images onto felt on Wednesday. I'll do another post when the pouches are made- fingers crossed :)



Today we went into the photo studio at the Design Academy Eindhoven to do some head shots of the earrings from the Seducing the Bowerbird collection. I haven't sorted through all the images, but here is one of my favorite. Our model is the gorgeous Andrea- wearing the Lace Earring in White.


And Guy and I working the magic...



My jewellery will be available from Linhardt Design Studio in New York from next month! The shop looks gorgeous and the owner / designer Lisa Linhardt make some beautiful jewellery pieces out of sustainable material. Check it out if your in the area. Lastly, here is a link to an interview I did for Map Magazine. xxk

Read More...

[Source: Kyoko Hashimoto Jewellery]