Saturday, December 1, 2007

Silver Fetish and Fashion!

silver_collar_1.jpg


Hi everyone - I'm Victoria, your new blogger for The Jewelry Weblog! I'm very happy to be here and share my jewelry passion with you. You can read a little more about me on my profile page, but forget about me for now, let's talk about jewelry!

So...my first post is about a cool and little-known museum with an exhibit on silver jewelry from around the world. Why an exhibit? Well, in addition to being a jewelry designer, I'm also an historian and collector of jewelry, and always take inspiration from vintage and ethnic jewelry. So when I caught of glimpse of the goings on at The Bead Museum in Arizona, I wanted to share it with you.

This unique space was founded "to establish a safe haven for a permanent collection of beads and adornments of all cultures, past and present, which would provide an enduring opportunity for the study and enjoyment of these magnificent examples of art and ingenuity. In addition to historic collections, they feature works by contemporary bead designers in all mediums.

Right now, they have what has to be a wild exhibit called Silver: From Fetish to Fashion, and it features absolutely fab ethnic pieces from around the world, like the exquisite silver collar above. This piece have been inspiration for Pierre Cardin's futuristic jewelry pieces from the 1960s, OR a even current piece from Pianegonda, the stylish Italian jewelry firm with love for bold and chunky designs. Talk about fetish AND fashion!
See article.





Read More...

[Source: The Jewelry Weblog]